Teams from all around the nation are welcome to join the Las Vegas Team Challenge with the only qualifying factor being each team must be comprised of at least 3 racers. The races for this Las Vegas Team Challenge will be in 6 events that contain 15 qualifying races at Bootleg Canyon in DH, XC, and Super D disciplines for both regular mountain bikes and e-bikes. The 3 Coyote classic xc races, and the 3 Winter Gravity Series.
Q. How to create a new team?
A. Just let us know before each event your team name and members racing.
Send to email@example.com
All of the racers must register at https://www.bootlegcanyonracing.com/events in the categories they would normally race in no later than 1 week before each race and they must list their team name. Teams may enter as many racers as they like for each race and the fastest time of one of their racers will be used in the competition towards points for that race. For XC races the fastest single lap will be used for the regular bikes and the best overall time will be used for e-bikes.
Regarding the DH races and E-Bike races (XC & Super D) only Category 2, Category 3, and U14 may enter the Las Vegas Team Challenge.
Points are as follows. 1st 100, 2nd 90, 3rd 80, 4th 70, 5th 60, 6th 50, 7th 40, 8th 30 9th 20, 10th .
The maximum amount of points possible is 1500 points.
* Racers must be wearing their group jerseys or shirts during every race.
* Racers can do no more than 2 different types of races, ie xc, super D, or downhill.
* Each team must comprise of at least 3 different racers throughout the competition.
* Ebikes must be class 1 peddle assist bikes only. Deregulated or unrestricted bikes are disqualified and anyone caught using one will be disqualified.
* Anyone caught breaking any of these rules will cause that entire group to be completely disqualified from the group challenge.
* If someone leaves a team for any reason, they cannot join another team until the following year.